Josh took Olivia to her 15-month check-up today. I'm pretty sure he won't be volunteering to do that again. Let's just say there were tears...lots and lots of tears. Olivia wasn't so bad in the waiting room, but once she hit the exam room, the flood gates were open for business. She didn't want to get undressed, get her temperature taken, her head measured, her height charted, or her weight (what girl does right???). In a nutshell, she didn't want the nurse or the doctor looking at her let alone touching her. According to Josh, she was clinging to him for dear life and shooting daggers at those in white. I can only imagine what went on in that room...I'm pretty sure I'll get my own glimpse during her next visit.
Needless to say, they both survived and I'm happy to report that she's one healthy little gal. Here are the stats from today:
Height - 30 1/4 inches (38%)
Weight - 22 lbs 11 ozs (44%)
Head Circumference - 45 1/2 centimeters (35%)
So, where does she stack in comparison to the boys? Let's see...at 15-months, Noah was 29 1/8 inches tall, weighed 19 lbs 7 ozs, and had a head size of 46.1 centimeters.
Brady was 29 1/4 inches tall, weighed 18 lbs 14 ozs, and had a head size of 46.4 centimeters.

Yep...Ms. Olivia Rae takes the cake!
Aside from a little drama at the doctor's office, Livy Rae is usually a happy girl who is always on the go. Once those little feet learned how to walk, they never looked back. She's a busy little bee who is into EVERYTHING!!! I'm not sure that there are enough child-proof locks to keep her out of all the drawers and cabinets that are within her reach. She has recently found the stairs and thankfully, it didn't take long to teach her how to properly go up and down without hurting herself. And, she's learning quickly how to defend herself. We've watched her on more than one occasion get into the middle of the boys' wrestling match. We are certainly glad that the head-butting at daycare has ceased...yep...apparently, she learned that from her big brothers too. Oops! All in all, she is our little girl but I'm afraid she's going to be just another one of the guys!
No comments:
Post a Comment